Thursday, December 2, 2010

My HodgePodge Answers

I may be a day late and a dollar short, but here are my answers to this week's HodgePodge:



1. What is the most interesting thing you've done in the last year?

Participating in Texas Instruments' T3 (Teachers Teaching with Technology) International Conference as a speaker/participant. This was my second conference I attended and my first as a speaker. What a great experience. It was in Atlanta. I was so excited when I found out both my proposals to be a presenter were accepted!

2. What is your most meaningful family heirloom?

Wow, I don't really think I have any family heirlooms. My dad made our kitchen/family table so it means a lot to me. He also made C's captain's bed. C is now using a bedroom suite that L's uncle made. L's dad made a bookshelf N is using and my dad made a couple of bookshelves we have.

3. What food festival would you most like to attend? If you're not sure click here to see a list of possibilities.

I've attended the Best of Tri-Cities before. There is also a Chocolate Fest in the area that I would like to attend some time.

4. Snow...do you love it or is it considered a four letter word where you live?

I *love* snow! And I love it even more when I don't have to go anywhere in it!

5. Can you ski? Do you ski? Are you any good?

I don't ski and can't ski so I don't know if I'm any good at it. ;) I don't remember ever having the opportunity to try it and I believe I'm too old too try now. But I have to tell you about C's first ski trip: His scout troop leader is a big skier. The leader's family skis alot out west and had been wanting to take the troop. C went and learned to ski. After skiing on the beginner's slopes he went with his troop leader to the top!! His leader said C did very well and didn't know C had never been skiing before!

6. What quality in your spouse or best friend are you most thankful for?

He's romantically surprising? He isn't romantic very often so he surprises me when he does do something romantic.

7. Describe the coziest spot in your home.

Sorry, I really don't have one.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

If Nay talks like she did on Survivor, I'm glad she's not a teacher in my district!

1 comment:

  1. I've been out of town so am trying now to catch up on my reader. Glad you played a long...I've decided I'm too old to ski now too although someone just told me the other day her aunt who is in her 80s just quit skiing last year. A braver woman than I obviously!

    ReplyDelete