Monday, December 6, 2010

An Unexpected Day Off

I am home today. Want to guess why? Thankfully, no, not another kidney stone. And no, I'm not sick.

School is closed today.

On Saturday, I woke to a nice dusting of snow. I'm positive it was not just a heavy frost. It really was snow on December 4! The weather was certainly frightful Saturday. We had: snow showers, rain, sleet, more rain, flurries, more snow showers, more sleet, and finally more rain.

It was snowing on Sunday when I went to church. After mass, when I went outside, there was about 1/2 - 1 inch on the ground. Thankfully, not much on the road. L and I went to breakfast then just driving around. I finished my school work, prepared for today's lessons.

I woke up this morning, as usual. I looked outside and saw a little bit of snow on the sidewalk and front steps. Very little was on the road. So, I thought maybe a delay. Image my surprise when I saw on the news our school system was closed!

So what have I done? I've gotten caught up on some blogs, made my Christmas wish list, drank 2 cups of coffee while looking through yesterday's sales ads from the newspaper. I watched N do his Christmas shopping (he brought his laptop into my room and cyber shopped). I need to redo my lesson plans and look through some of the new textbook resources. Will I? Can't really answer that. I also need to get a flu shot, work on our review activity for both semester exam and end-of-course, plus some other things.

Here is what it looks like around 11:30 a.m. today. (It looked this way Saturday morning by the way.)
Have a marvelous Monday!

2 comments:

  1. That's the kind of snow holiday to have--one where you don't have to shovel your way out! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poo on you. I could've used a day off today, but nothing was on the road.

    ReplyDelete