Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Yoo Hoo! Hodge Podge Time!

Time to share in the fun with Joyce's Hodge Podge. And yes, I have been known to say "Yoo Hoo!" ...especially at students who are not paying attention.



1. What does it mean to have the 'holiday spirit'?

Saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" and seeing everyone smile and laugh.

2. What sits atop your tree (s)? Why?

An angel sits atop our tree. I'm not sure why. I think it's because an angel announced the birth, and angels sang during the birth, and since the angel is high above everything and can see us and help protect us.

3. When was the last time you gave yourself a pat on the back?

When haven't I? I mean, every time I blog about something to announce, or brag, about what I have done.

4. Which of your senses is most sensitive this time of year?

My sense of smell...unless my sinuses get messed up and then my sense of sight. I love seeing the beauty of Christmas.

5. What do you have too much of in your kitchen?

Spices...I don't really cook but I have just about every spice you can buy from the grocery store.

6. What do you do for meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Big meal? Breakfast tradition? Open the cookie tins and have at it?

On Christmas Eve, we usually have a vegetable/cheese tray and shrimp. (We're preparing ourselves for Christmas Day.) On Christmas Day, L and I usually fix breakfast before going to church and then we have our Christmas Day meal around 2:00.

7. What is the best thing about winter?

The snow! I love watching the snow fall. And then knowing spring is right around the corner!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Have you ever used a "nettie pot" for your sinuses? Disgusting. Every time I use it I swear to myself that I will never do it again. But as they say, "Never say never." It does help. With this cold, dry air I needed some relief!

So there you have my hodge podge answers! Don't forget to link up!

5 comments:

  1. I've heard of a nettie pot, but I've never seen one. I think, though, if you can't breath, you'd be willing to do almost anything for relief. : )

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard people say they feel like they are drowning when using a Nettie pot...I've never tried it but I guess if you have a lot of problems with your sinuses its worth a try.

    Enjoy your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE snow :)
    it really isn't christmas without it, is it?

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. first time visiting your blog and commenting on it, I loved your answer to #3, that is true isn't it for us who blog?

    I have heard of nettie pots but never tried one, although I have heard they do really work. I watched a You Tube demonstration on it one time and that made me wonder if I could do it.

    Added myself as a follower, looking forward to getting to know you more.

    betty

    ReplyDelete