Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Sign of Things to Come?

Can you guess by my title what I'm getting ready to say? Yep, another snow day. Two down, eight left. And those eight will go fast if the past weekend was a sign of how our winter will be. (You do know it's not winter yet, don't you?)

It didn't snow much last night at my house, but in the county where I work there was some snow on the roads. The county is one of the top 10 counties in size so it covers a lot of territory...some of which, I believe, is mountainous. And the temperatures have been freezing, literally. We haven't been above 32 in a couple of days. We're suppose to see higher temperatures tomorrow and on into the weekend, but then another storm comes in on Sunday, starting with rain and then snow on Monday and Tuesday with temperatures like they are now. Of course, it is very hard to predict the weather and we just have to wait and see if that is really what happens.

In the meantime, if I've learned one thing about being a teacher, it's "You have to be flexible!"

Have a terrific Tuesday! (I am!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid it's going to be a replay of last year here: start snowing around 6:00 (after the buses start their routes), have an adventure getting to school, followed by a full day there.
    At least I got to school before it go too bad today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is disappointing when it's early December and you've already used a few snow days. Sigh. Hope there aren't too many more before January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't had any real snow so far this year. I'm not complaining...I'd rather it wait until after the holidays since we're doing some traveling this year (by car!). Oh well, what are you going to do but make the best of it. When I worked in Blount County back in 1984/5 we only had 12 school days that January. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are even talking snow as far south as Rock Mills, AL. I have to cross two major bridges to get to work....this should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete