Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sleigh Bells Ring, Are You Listening?


Today's HodgePodge by Joyce is titled "Sleigh Bells Ring." Joyce is doing a great job providing thought-provoking, life-sharing questions. Oh, and please give me a round of applause for answering this week's questions on time! (Thank you, thank you very much!)

1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version-a carriage ride?

I have not been on a real sleigh ride; however, I have been on a carriage ride. My husband and I honeymooned on Kaiwah Island near Charleston SC. We took one day to tour Charleston and took a carriage ride while there. I would love to go on a real sleigh ride with L...I think that would be so romantic!

2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contact list or just go ahead and send the love onward?

HeHe. I received one just last week. I do not respond. And you know what? With this last one I received and did not pass on, I have had two unexpected days off and today I found out our class won "Pasta for Pennies" competition (money is collected for leukemia and the class that collected the most won a pasta lunch from Olive Garden). Doesn't sound like bad luck to me.

However, I also received a recipe "chain mail"...I have to send a recipe to the first person on the list and forward the list to x number of people. Now I have participated a time or two with this one. I remember one that I only received one recipe. So, if you want to participate, send me your email address.

3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why?

You are asking for just one?!? If I have to pick one, it would be George Bailey from "It's a Wonderful Life." I think it's because for 20 years I didn't do what I really, truly believe I was meant to do, teach. So I can kind of relate to George.

4. Share a favorite quote.

I can't believe Joyce is asking for just one! Right now, because the end of the semester is getting nearer, I like the quote from Yogi Bearra: "It ain't over til it's over."

5. What's your favorite holiday scent?

Wow, that's a tough one. I like the smell of fresh pine, but also love cinnamon and just backed cookies.

6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way?

Not really, not anymore. The boys have finally figured out they need to give me details so they get what they really want. Cyber shopping has made it easier. Now, I can go to the mall/shopping and just look.

It's not that stressful for me because we really aren't a social couple so we do not host or go to parties. Nor do we exchange presents with everybody and their brother.

7. What's the best thing about your life right now?

I have my health. I've recently gotten to quit taking my blood pressure medicine and insulin. I'm feeling better and am enjoying my family more.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

All I can think of right now is "Baby, it's cold outside!"

Link up with Joyce and join in the fun and sharing.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. It's working : )

    I love Charleston...that's where my oldest hopes to settle one day. She also has the travel bug so we'll see.

    Glad you got the comments working. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete