Wednesday, December 22, 2010

If it's Wednesday, It Must be Hodge Podge!

Today's HodgePodge. Link up here and join the fun!



1. Share your Christmas Eve traditions.

Christmas Eve is relatively laid back. On Christmas Eve, one of us will get my MIL to spend a night or two with us. I'll put out a vegetable/cheese tray and some shrimp for supper. We'll then go to see the lights at the neighborhood speedway or maybe just around town. When we return, we'll see what Christmas movie is on TV and watch it.

2. What was the best book you read in 2010? (we're not going to include The Bible here)

I know I read some books this year, but cannot for the life of me remember any of them...guess they weren't very good. (I'm still trying to finish Moneyball that I started in the summer.)

3. Do you have pets and if so do you allow them on the furniture?

I do not have any pets. If I did, I would not allow them on the furniture.

4. What event from 2010 are you most thankful for?

I had to think hard about this one. I would say the weekend of April 16. L picked me up from work on the 15th and we drove to see our son play ball. Then on the 16th we headed back. But first we stopped at the Loveless Cafe to try out their biscuits since we weren't in any hurry. We then stopped about three hours from home to watch our son row on the 17th. Just getting away with L for a weekend and seeing our boys doing what they love to do was great!

5. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before.

I have never attended an international conference before this year. Not only did I attend (alone mind you), I gave 2 presentations. It was certainly an experience I won't soon forget.

6. Brussel sprouts...friend or foe?

Foe, no thought needed!

7. Who would you nominate for man/woman of the year?

I'm going to nominate the men in the Chilian mine accident and the men/women who worked so hard to rescue them.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Here are two pictures I want to share. The first, I was standing in the parking lot of a local grocery store to take this. I thought if anyone saw me they would think I was crazy. However, when I came out of the store, while I was putting the groceries in the car, I turned and saw a guy standing about where I stood, taking a picture!


This next picture is a picture of a googlie which I wrote about last Saturday in my Flashback Friday post. The tag was still very easy to read: Mattel, The googlies, 1966! Mom still has my sister's so I thought I'd take a picture.



Hope ya'll are keeping warm!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy April.

    I have never heard of a googlie. So cute!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny that we had the same answer for #7!
    That googlie is one ugly toy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! Bloggers will do a lot for a good photo! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete