Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Didn't I Tell You?

Happy New Year! Did you make any resolutions? Mine was to not make any! If I had, I probably would have included to blog more. I didn't realize that I hadn't blogged since August. Wow! Of course, I did tell you that when I kept a diary I usually didn't do a very good job writing in it.

Once the school year started last August I found it difficult to blog. The first semester was really strange. Tennessee started a new teacher evaluation system which includes how the students do on their end-of-course assessments. That lead to some very stressful meetings. I taught Algebra II semester long, Algebra II year long (I will have most of the same students this next semester also), and ACT Prep. We had new textbooks which meant changing some of my SMART Board files (powerpoint type files). (The publisher gave us an iPad so I've been playing with that.) ACT Prep was new for me so I was always trying to figure out what to do for that class. Three teachers taught it so we combined the three classes and split them in half. Two of us taught each class for 45 minutes each day which meant a total of approx. 60 students during that class period. And of those 60 students, about 1/3 of them really wanted ACT preparation. Now do you understand why it was hard to figure out what to do?

I also joined Facebook (I have two pages...one is my Zumba page), so much of my spare time was spent over there. How do you find time to blog, write on facebook, and I see so many of you have a Twitter account?! I want to ask,"Do you not have a life?" but that sounds mean. So, how do you do it?

By the way, I'm writing today because we have a snow day! Yep, we were scheduled to return to school after 11 days off (not counting the weekends).

Doesn't look like much but it is now 11:30 a.m.

I hope to join in with HodgePodge Wednesdays, so I'll see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! To answer your question: No, I don't have a life, especially since I've found Hanging with Friends and Words with Friends on top of FB, Twitter, and Pinterest! :)
    Happy Snow Day to you! (JEALOUS!)

    ReplyDelete