Friday, January 14, 2011

Footprints in the Snow



My sister showed a picture of her snow covered front yard on her blog. It reminded me of a time when I was younger.

When it snowed when I was growing up, my siblings and I couldn't wait to go outside and play in the snow. We'd sled across the street in the park, build snowmen, and make snow angels. Our front yard was usually the first yard in the neighborhood to lose the snow. Oh, how I wished our yard could stay pretty with the snow like our neighbors! Maybe, I thought, when I was older.

Well, older meant kids of my own. My boys enjoyed playing in the snow. Even last year, they were out building snowmen.


The other day, I looked out my back door and saw many footprints in the snow and had to laugh. We have kids that live next door and in the house behind us. They had been playing with some type of toy gun that shoots little green balls (about the size of bbs but plastic). They must have been going through our yard.

My pretty snow was walked over and soon would be gone before the neighbor's on the other side...the neighbor without the kids. But you know what? I don't care. They were not inside playing video games. I was glad to see them playing in the snow (even if it was with toy guns).

PS: Snow day #14 and holiday on Monday. Praying we go on Tuesday...

2 comments:

  1. I had a good time watching the kids that live behind us. YS & FES went sledding a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved sharing that memory with you....and yes...I had those same kinds of thoughts when I was younger...and now...I think I would give anything to see some footprints in the snow made by somebody other than me. I hope you get to go to school too on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete