Steel Magnolia tagged me Thursday. I have to answer 8 questions then tag eight bloggers with 8 new questions. Here are the questions/answers:
1. What is your favorite season and why?
Fall is my favorite season. I love the crisp, cool mornings and the warm afternoons. The smell of fires in the fireplace, cuddling, sleeping late on Saturdays when L goes hunting, the changing colors of the leaves, and sweaters. I got married in October and instead of flowers on the wedding cake, my sister and Mom (who made the cake) used edible fall leaves. It was very pretty.
2. Do you have a Bucket List and what is one thing you have on it?
No, I don't have a bucket list.
3. Do you go to Starbucks(or another coffee chain) and what is your favorite drink there?
No, but I have been to Starbucks a few times. A couple of times I went to meet some friends/classmates to work on a project.
4. What book are you currently reading(or just finished)?
5. Do you take pictures? What kind of camera do you have and share a current picture with us!
Do I take pictures????!!!!! I have too many!! I've tapered off now that the boys are grown, but there are still too many!
I used to use a Nikon 35mm, switched to HP digital then to Kodak. Now I use the Kodak and Sony. The Sony is both video and still.
Since hunting season is just around the corner, I thought I'd share this picture of L and N with the deer they killed last Thanksgiving. (And, yes, we eat the meat or give it to a friend or "Hunters for the Hungry".)
6. What is your favorite genre of music and favorite group, band, individual from that genre.
I really like all types of music, however, heavy metal and gangster rap is at the bottom...the very bottom. Which means I really don't have a favorite group, band, or individual.
7. Where was your most favorite vacation and what made it your favorite?
My most favorite vacation had to be in 2002 when N was a member of a traveling team that made it to the national finals (most were between their junior and senior years of high school). The finals were in Orlando, FL, home of Disneyworld. We had not taken the boys there before. The team made arrangements for each family to rent a condo (new condo complex--very nice). We saw baseball games and went to Disneyworld and MGM Studios. N went with part of the team to one of the waterparks so L and I took C to Universal Studios. One day I took C to the Blizzard waterpark (got to see Goofy there!).
It was a favorite because each of the boys got to do pretty much what they wanted, we got to go to Disneyworld and see some baseball. (The fields where the boys played is the home of the minor league team in Orlando. The minor league team was practicing one day and some of our boys were "hanging" on the fence watching. I'd say many of them were dreaming that they were out there!)
8. What is your favorite thing to cook/prepare and share the recipe.
Uh, this one is hard, because I don't really like to cook. There isn't really anything that I fix that I would call my favorite. So, I'll share what I made tonight.
Broccoli Ham Ring
Now I must pick 8 bloggers (bet you can't guess who one of them is!). Your questions are below.
Life in a Small Town
From This Side of the Pond
Land of Fluff
Tempo and Speed
The Frat Pack + Me
Now for your questions:
1. What would you say was your best age?
2. Do you read the Bible?
3. Who is your favorite Biblical character?
4. Who is your favorite author? What book by the author was your favorite?
5. Who was your favorite teacher? your least favorite?
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
7. Do you think today's tv shows are better or worse than the ones you grew up watching? Please explain your answer.
8. What do you like to do most on the weekends?
Please answer the questions and tag 8 bloggers with 8 new questions.