Thursday, September 23, 2010

Saggy, Baggy Pants

This is homecoming week where I teach. That means each day the students dress up according to the theme of the day. Monday was nerd day...didn't need to dress up for that. Tuesday was sports/college team day...I wore a Seattle Mariner's patch. Wednesday was superhero day and today was 80s day. Well, I got Wednesday and Thursday mixed up. Yesterday I dressed preppy style: khaki skirt, knee socks, sweater around my neck, collared shirt with the collar pulled up, "pearl" necklace...you get the idea. When I realized it wasn't 80s day, I took the sweater off and fixed my collar. I decided I'd just wrap Monday through Thursday into one day: a super, nerdy, preppy sports fan (my shirt had my son's college logo on it).

Because I wore knee socks with my skirt, I wasn't wearing panty hose. And all day long I keep thinking of the picture of the elephant on the children's book "The Saggy, Baggy Elephant" because that's how I felt.


So when I got home from work, I went straight to Wally World and purchase a pack a size smaller. All day long today I felt like yelling through the halls what my brother said in the store many years ago when he was around 3 or 4: "New Underwear!"

Today, life was good!

1 comment: