Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Copy Cat

I just read my sister's blog from the other day and decided that it was (almost) exactly what I would want to say. So I decided to copy hers.

8/15/2011

Where Does the Time Go?

I've been really, really bad at blogging lately. I have no idea where my time is going, especially since school started back. It's not that I have nothing to say...I've been doing "stuff" lately, I just haven't been blogging about it.
Not only have I been terrible about posting; I've also been bad about reading. All of a sudden I have no time. What the heck am I doing? If somebody knows, fill me in! (And, no, I haven't been spending my spare time vacuuming!)
I finally started seeing students last Wednesday. I was so ready to just get started. And now I feel like I need a break! You laugh, but I'm serious. I was talking with another Speech Pathologist (SLP) the other day, and we both agreed that we just felt overwhelmed this year. Aside from the difficulty with scheduling, everything else is the same. Scheduling seems to get more difficult every year with the increased demands on the teachers to get in all of their instruction. Maybe it's just that the teachers are more stressed this year and it's filtering to us.
The state has a new teacher evaluation this year, which means more observations and a little bit more paperwork. Teachers that are used to getting the top rating will be lucky if they get a '3' (out of 5) this year. We've been told a '3' is where you want to be. Ms. Principal told us that if you get a '5', you're Jesus.
Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of blogging very, very soon. For those of you who are sticking with me, thanks!


1 comment: